Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 2000 22:24:35 -0500
From:      "Josh Paetzel" <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>
To:        "sTAGGER" <smdlink@gmx.de>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: amd k6-2 550 vs p2 300

I think what you are seeing is the benefits of the p2's onboard cache
running at 1/2 of core speed.  There are significant achitechture
differences between the socket 7 and slot one processors that make mghz
comparisons a poor judge of performance when comparing between them.  I have
noticed that my P2-350 is quite a bit faster than a comparably set up k6-2
450 that I have played around with, so I don't think you are "doing it
wrong" or anything like that.

Just my humble 2 cents worth,
Josh