Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 2003 00:51:05 -0500
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        Shin-ichi Yoshimoto <yosimoto@waishi.jp>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: devel/pwlib build error

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:17:57 +0900, Shin-ichi Yoshimoto
<yosimoto@waishi.jp> wrote:

> I tried to update to gnome 2.4, but devel/pwlib build error like this.

<snip>
> c++: The -pthread option is deprecated.

You are running on very recently 5.1-CURRENT, correct?

1) You need to follow up in the -current and -ports mailing list.
    This issue is well known and will be fix after the ports freeze
    lift.

2) Check here:

    % cd /usr/ports/devel/pwlib ; make -V MAINTAINER
    roger@freebsd.org

    That mean, you should contract to the maintainer.

--

There are two different solutions in my head:

1) Hack to change from -pthread to ${PTHREAD_LIBS} by yourself in
    the Makefile. It might be already in the GNATS database, so check
    in there in case.

2) Download the 1.11 rev of src/contrib/gcc/config/freebsd-spec.h
    and use it. I overwrite it at the every time when I CVSup'ed it.

I chose #2 to avoid hack each Makefile (I am lazy), since the Bento will
take care of the reports. Also, I think it's wrong time to make the change
of remove -pthread, because of ports freeze.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.