Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:41:32 +0800
From:      dnu <dnu@info.com.ph>
To:        Arun Sharma <arun@sharma-home.net>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Page faults in kernel mode

Hello Arun,

I was thinking of getting a BP6 myself some time ago.  Got MSI 6321 instead
and dropped in 2 Celeron 400's.  I couldn't get smp mode to work properly w/
non-ecc ram.  They ought to mention that ecc-ram is practically a requirement
to run smp.  That was my first problem.

My 2nd problem was with the via 686 controller.  I would get sync panics or
something when running smp mode.  Had to use a different ata controller.  Of
course, this was all way back in ver.4.2/4.3.

Good luck!  Hope you get things working before 4.6 gets released!

David