Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 1999 16:24:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@altavista.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tun interface related panic

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Maxim Sobolev wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> In order to make Real Player (G2 for Windows) work via my dial-on-demand
> connection to the Internet I slightly modified my ppp.conf and
> discovered that when I'm trying to connect to any realaudio server my
> old good FreeBSD box paniced with a 100% correlation (checked 3 times).
> This machine is a pretty old (Dell P60), but nevertheless it was stable
> before this incident and didn't give me any troubles since 2.2.7 release
> was installed there 1.5 years ago. Now it runs 3.2-STABLE, last cvsup'ed
> and built 5 days ago. Below you can find all relevant to this panic
> info.
>
> In case any other info will be necessary please let me know directly by
> e-mail because I'm not subscribed on the -stable list. I will wait
> awhile and will not delete this horrible vmcore.0 file.

excelent bug report, can you please give me additional information
though?

when entering gdb, please try to show me the variables in the
tunwrite function, for some reason i think it's barfing becasue
of a zero length write but i'm unsure.

use the "up" command to get to tunwrite
then "list" and try to show me the output
of "print uio, top, mp" seperate though.

try to give me as many vars as possible in the function via print.

thanks,
-Alfred