Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:43:11 -0500
From:      "Michael R. Wayne" <amd64@wayne47.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   AMD64 on Xenon ?

I just powered up a dual Xenon system from one of our suppliers.
It is acting a bit odd, Eventaully, I realized:

CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.80GHz (2800.11-MHz K8-class CPU)
  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0xf34  Stepping = 4
  Features=0xbfebfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT
,TM,PBE>
  Features2=0x441d<SSE3,RSVD2>,MON,DS_CPL,CNTX-ID,<b14>>
  AMD Features=0x20000800<SYSCALL,LM>
  Hyperthreading: 2 logical CPUs

But note the last word on uname -a:
   FreeBSD test.x.com 5.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE #0: Fri Nov  5 03:50:01 UTC 2004     root@fanboy.samsco.home:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

So, why would this run at all?  I was planning on reinstalling
anyway so it's not a huge deal but it seems pretty odd...

/\/\ \/\/