Date:      Mon, 06 Dec 1999 13:40:42 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Stefan Botha <stefan@burmeister.com.na>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD via E-mail

On Mon, 06 Dec 1999 23:13:57 GMT, Stefan Botha wrote:

> A couple of weeks back I saw on your homepage that you can obtain the
> freebsd distribution via e-mail, I can't seem to find it anymore. Can you
> please help give me an address where i can get it.

Are you sure?  I've never seen anything on the web pages that describes
fetching binaries by mail.

I know that you can receive source patches via mail and
use those to keep a local copy of the source tree up to date for
updating your system with the latest sources.  If that's what you're
looking for, you want to read up on CTM in Chapter 18 of the online
FreeBSD Handbook:

	http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/cutting-edge.html

Ciao,
Sheldon.