Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:54:26 +0100
From:      Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org>
To:        Cejka Rudolf <cejkar@fit.vutbr.cz>
Cc:        hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp-master.eu in Europe

Hi Rudolf,

Cejka Rudolf wrote on Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 10:29:46PM +0100:
> Daniel Lang wrote (2003/01/25):
> > Further I will try to implement Littleboy's collection-files
> > to offer the FreeBSD archive via CVSup as well.
>
> Please, what do you mean by "implement Littleboy's collection-files"?

Olafur Osvaldsson has described, how he has setup a CVSup server
for the archive. My only concern was, that the manually created
collection files may not be accurate and in sync with the
ones on ftp-master. It seems that the person maintaining these
files in ftp-master (is it Peter?) is not aware, that it might
be very useful, if they would be published and even more, if
they could be mirrored as well, just as it happens for the
CVS-Repository CVSup mirrors with the 'self-supfile'.

Anyway, it would be possible to use Olafur's (aka Littleboy)
collection files to set up a CVSup server for the archive, no matter
how accurate the collections might be.

> I would like to setup CVSup too, but I know just cvsup-mirror port and
> I do not know if it is the best start point for FreeBSD archive?
Read back the archives of this list and look out for
from Januar 24.

HTH,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock                 - Work is for people, who don't surf -
*Daniel Lang * dl@leo.org * +49 89 289 18532 * http://www.leo.org/~dl/*