Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 2013 18:34:17 +1000
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Oded Shanoon <odeds@mellanox.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-chat@freebsd.org" <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How can I commit to FreeBSD current (10.0)

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx

On Monday, 15 April 2013 at  8:05:03 +0000, Oded Shanoon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working in a company called Mellanox.
> We would like to commit a driver code into the FreeBSD kernel.
> I have a few obvious questions regarding this issue:
> What is the process?
> Do I need a committer?

Clearly somebody needs to commit the driver.  By definition that's a
committer :-)

> How can I get a committer to review and push my code?

I suppose there should be a process for that, but I can't find it in
the documentation either.  Basically you need to find a committer and
persuade him to do the commit, or put in a PR with information about
the driver.  Experience shows that the former method is more reliable.

> When is the final date to commit code to FreeBSD 10.0?

That information will be on http://www.freebsd.org/releng/index.html
when it comes up.

> I would appreciate any help or guidance...

Send me private mail with more information, in particular what the
driver does, and I'll see who's most appropriate.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger grog@FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.