Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 1999 16:48:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      mwlucas@gltg.com
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Request for Article Review

Hello,

I'm writing an article for Sys Admin magazine called "FreeBSD for the
System V/Linux administrator."  Sadly, my usual SysV/Linux guru has
been wholly consumed by the randomly ravenous monster that is
independent consulting.  I'm hereby putting out a plea for vaguely
literate people who can give this article a technical review from both
the FreeBSD side, and the SysV side.

I'd especially appreciate anyone who switched to FreeBSD somewhat
recently, or who administers both SysV/Linux and FreeBSD.

The article is aimed at the competent SysV/Linux admin who needs to
administer a FreeBSD box.  It covers basic things like, where do you
set system defaults, ports & packages, kernel compilation, and getting
help.  It's only about 2k words long.

The catch is, they want a finished article by next Wednesday.  I'd
need any commentary by Monday night.

I only need (at most) two or three people, so please don't feel bad if
my mailbox gets flooded and I say "no, thanks"; it's not personal.
(Having said this, of course, the innate perversity of the universe
will make me get no replies. ;)

There is no guarantee that this article will be accepted; they
approved the proposal, but they can decide to kill it upon delivery.
Such is the life of the freelance writer.  If it is accepted, it will
appear in the March issue.

Thanks,
Michael