Date:      Tue, 13 May 2003 06:25:13 +0200
From:      Clement Laforet <sheepkiller@cultdeadsheep.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   RFC: useless localization files removal

Hi guys,

	I've made a small patch to bsd.ports.mk which allows you to remove
useless "localization files". Currently "clean-locale:" supports
"statically" (i.e all entries in pkg-plist which doesn't match
"^%%.*%%" (untested, but it should work)) and is called before
"generate-plist:".

The patch can be found here :
http://www.cultdeadsheep.org/sheepkiller/FreeBSD/ports-devel/remove-locale.diff

I plan to support multiple LOCALE_DIRs so it could be used for docs,
templates, etc...

But I've have some questions :)
1. Has someone already done that ? (I didn't find anything)
2. Is it a good idea ?
3. Is it REALLY usefull ?
4. Do you have any idea to avoid hacking "generate-plist:" ?
5. Is writing a "packages cleaner" program is a more clever way to do that ?
6. Comments ?

Regards,

clem