Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 1995 16:47:01 +0300
From:      Gennady Sorokopud <gena@dns.netvision.net.il>
To:        <paul@freebsd.org>, Paul Richards <paul@lambda.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        Gennady Sorokopud <gena@netvision.net.il>, <sakr@itp.ac.ru>, <esser@zpr.uni-koeln.de>, <hackers@freebsd.org>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Compaq Prosignia 300

Ok, that what i was able to read on the chip
(the place was dark and i'm not sure i got it 100% right :-)

PCnet tm-SCSI
AM79C974KC
420DR7C
(C) 1993 AMD

Best regards.

In message <199506161327.OAA03310@lambda.demon.co.uk> Paul Richards writes:

>> Hmm...according to vendor info you have AMD PCI on-board
>> ethernet controller. I have one too. Seems like all Compaq Prosignia
>> is equipped with this card. Unfortunately FreeBSD don't have
>> dirver for it and i don't know where to find technical info
>> about this card so i can write one ( or at least try to do that)
>>

>Unless AMD do two PCI ethernet controllers then this is a PCnet
>chip and the lnc0 driver should work. If any changes are needed
>they should be pretty minimal.
>
>If someone wants to buy me a Compaq I'll gladly work on the problem :-)
>
>--
>  Paul Richards, Bluebird Computer Systems. FreeBSD core team member.
>  Internet: paul@FreeBSD.org, http://www.freebsd.org/~paul
>  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1222 457651 (home)

--------
 Gennady B. Sorokopud - System programmer at NetVision Israel.
 E-Mail: gena@NetVision.net.il
 Homepage: http://www.netvision.net.il/~gena

 This message was sent at 06/16/95 16:57:02 by XF-Mail