Date:      9 Mar 95 08:34:00 -0600
From:      kav@ihlpf.att.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   AT&T Starlan NAU Problem

I'm having problems trying to use an AT&T StarLan 10 NAU (ie0) on the
February 10th snapshot of FreeBSD 2.0. I couldn't find anything to
determine the status of this driver, but I noticed that the
installation program did list it as a supported internet card.

During an FTP of a large file I see reset messages (which it seems to
recover from). Sometimes there are no reset messages - the system just
locks up tighter than a drum. I also tried NFS but as you can imagine that
only caused the problem quicker.

The card is a 16K card at the standard settings. Is this a known problem
with the driver? Is there a recommended card that I should be using?

	Thanks,
		Kurt Vangsness
		AT&T Bell Laboratories - Naperville, Il
		kav@ihlpf.ih.att.com