Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 2003 11:25:56 -0800
From:      Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd gnome <freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: galeon with VM

>> anyone using galeon with the mail user agent VM, and have the tricks
>> for sending a url from VM to galeon by opening a new tab in the
>> existing window?
> Galeon uses the GNOME mailer as configured in the GNOME Control Center.
> If you're not using the GNOME desktop, it might be easier to install
> gnomecontrolcenter just to make configuring this easier.  If you don't
> want to do that, you can use gconftool to play with the
> /apps/galeon/Handlers/Programs/mailer key.  Setting this key to your MUA
> should have the desired affect.

that sounds like how to invoke the right MUA from galeon.  i am trying
to do the reverse, send a URL from my MUA to galeon.  and i keep getting
"The URL is not valid and can not be loaded" either with the elisp hack
i found on net (see appended) or straight out.

randy

;; galeon
(defun vm-mouse-send-url-to-galeon-new-tab (url)
  (let ((vm-netscape-program "galeon")
        (vm-netscape-program-switches (cons "-n"
                                            vm-netscape-program-switches)))
    (vm-mouse-send-url-to-netscape url)))

(setq vm-url-browser 'vm-mouse-send-url-to-galeon-new-tab)

(defun qx-add-galeon-menu-item ()
  (setq vm-menu-url-browser-menu
        (let ((title (car x))
              (rest (cdr x)))
          (cons title
                (cons
                 ["Galeon"
                  (vm-mouse-send-url-at-position
                   (point)
                   (function vm-mouse-send-url-to-galeon-new-tab))
                  t]
                 rest)))))

(add-hook 'vm-menu-setup-hook 'qx-add-galeon-menu-item)