Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 13:48:47 -0800
From:      Randy Primeaux <randy@Cloudfactory.ORG>
To:        "Morten Seeberg" <ml@seeberg.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: psm mouse = psmintr errors on 4.0R

Try:
http://www.FreeBSD.org/FAQ/x.html#AEN2536
man psm

For my specific issue, I turned on NOCHECKSYNC for my trackball.
These are my kernel config entries:

# psm 0x100 NOCHECKSYNC
# man psm - bit 8 NOCHECKSYNC for ThinkingMouse on KVM.
device          psm0    at isa? tty flags 0x100 irq 12

Good luck with your trackpoint mouse.  Your mileage may vary.

"Morten Seeberg" writes:
> Hi, my 4.0-RELEASE finds the PS/2 mouse just fine, but when I try to
> configure the mouse daemon in sysinstall, i get the error below on my
> console and in my logs (se the end of dmesg).
>
> All the info I could find searching the archives and the website relate to
> older versions of FreeBSD. I running 4.0R on an IBM PC300PL (P200-MMX) with
> an IBM Intellimouse (the one with the little clitoris :) ).
>
> Any ideas?
[=snip=]
> psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
> psm0: model IntelliMouse, device ID 3