Date:      Fri, 3 May 1996 10:24:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Sujal Patel <smpatel@umiacs.umd.edu>
To:        "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gus pnp native initialization

On Fri, 3 May 1996, Amancio Hasty Jr. wrote:

> I just managed to init the gus pnp on FreeBSD without booting dos 8)
>
> Next, is to test the code on a motherboard without PnP support and
> see if it works.
>
> Briefly, the gus pnp in addition to the required PnP initialization it
> needs additionally initialization to operate in a GUS MAX mode.
>
> My plan is to make the code available this sunday.

As John Polstra pointed out, there are two serious bugs in the PnP support
code up on my ftp.  I'll try to clean up, at least, the most critical
bugs and provide a new shapshot for PnP stuff on Sunday as well.

Amancio:  Can I put the PnP stuff for FTP on rah?  My host gonna be off
the net in a few weeks.

Sujal