Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:34:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        Paolo <bloom_64@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Returned message

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Paolo wrote:

> Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:26:51 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Paolo <bloom_64@yahoo.com>
> To: Marc Schneiders <marc@schneiders.org>
> Cc: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: Returned message
>
> I fully agree with you on spam, and I also fully agree with you on the
> bad "customer care" practice of interbusiness.
>
> I'll follow up with them, and if you can provide me with some other
> "big company" blacklisting them too, I can enforce the case.
>
> But it happens that interbusiness in Italy is like AOL, so it's like I
> block all AOL.
>
> About changing ISP, it's very difficult in Italy because interbusiness
> is the Internet provider of Telecom Italia, that's the last mile actual
> monopolist and, to get ADSL connection, we all need to deal with it.
>
> Let's say you are excluding near 50% of italian on-line people. I don't
> know if it's fair.
>
> As my 90% of spam is coming from the USA, I should block all the USA
> mail, don't I?
>
> Regards
>
> Paolo

I agree that it's not fair, but it doesn't stop me from dropping messages
from several countries, either. I've never received anything but spam from
Uganda, so anything *.ua goes in the circular bit-bucket. It's not fair,
but it makes my life simpler and my inbox cleaner.

So just use yer yahoo email address. Sorry for the OT post.

#  John Bleichert
#  http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg