Date:      Mon, 28 Nov 2005 16:18:06 -0800
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
To:        faigozhu <faigozhu@fastmail.fm>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sdpcontrol search timeout in Motorola HS805 headset.

>>> I have a Motorola HS805 headset and got the following message.
>>> #sdpcontrol -a 00:0b:2e:32:65:12 search HSET Could not execute
>>> command "search". Operation timed out
>>
>> did you try to repeat this command several times? does it always
>> fail with timeout?
>
> yes.

ok

>>> It seems no response from the headset after sending
>>> Link_Key_Reply?
>>
>> sigh... people, please, PLEASE, stop posting text hci dump. they
>> are not very useful. they give me some idea, but what i really need
>> is _binary_ hci dump.
>
> Sorry for that. The attached file is a binary file of "hcidump -w
hcidump.log".

thanks. unfortunately, this binary dump did not reveal the problem. i'd
like you to try the following:

1) reboot

2) attach usb bluetooth dongle and start bluetooth stack

3) as root
    # hcidump -w headset.dump

4) as root
    # hccontrol -n ubt0hci create_connection 00:0b:2e:32:65:12

    make sure hccontrol succeeded and created baseband connection.
    it should print connection handle.

5) wait a few seconds, and run
    % sdpcontrol -a 00:0b:2e:32:65:12 search HSET

you may try step 5) a couple more times. please wait few seconds between
each try.

6) kill hcidump with ^c and send me the headset.dump file

also, i assume, you have paired less then 8 devices with this headset,
correct? some headsets can only remember one host, but this one seems to
be able to remember up to 8 (according to specs).

also, if this is not too much trouble, you could reset the headset and
try the steps 1-6 from above again.

thanks,
max