Date:      Sat, 31 Mar 2001 20:01:13 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To:        Andrew Nesbit <alnesbit@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Make installworld keeps dying

> Hi all... I'm trying to rebuild my system, and have come
across the following problem.  I don't think it's related
to that "signal 11" error thing, though.

> When I run "make -j 4 buildworld" everything goes fine, but
when I try to do a "make -j 4 installworld" afterwards, the
                         ^^^^^
                         ^^^^^
whole operation dies with error messages similar to the
transcript below:

<snip>

AFAIK, you should NOT do/be doing that.

BTW, make installworld (N.B. no "j" option) has been seamlessly working for me
for months on end.

To the doc'ers: should I send a PR (including suitable modifications for the
"make world" section of the handbook)?

Best regards,
Salvo