Date:      Wed, 18 Mar 2009 13:00:59 +0000
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
To:        amarat@ksu.ru, ns@got2get.net
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Crazy "interrupt storm detected" on atapci0

> as I supposed in previous message your MB is MicroStar product. So I
> insist that you read thread [1] in freebsd-stable named 'Interrupt
> storm' started by Dan Langille

I (still) have the same problem on my MSI Platinum .... and having re-read
all of those threads in case I missed somehting, there still isn't a
solution there. All the suggested ones (using 'Linux" as ACPI name, moving
com interrupt ports, disabling onboard ether) are reported as failing
after a few days. Luckily I have a colleague who can reboot the remote
machine, and that has been my solution - but it is not really workable
long term.

(actually this has reminded me to check dmesg, and it seems I need to
reboot this machine due to an interrupt storm right now).

-pete.