Date:      Sun, 7 Mar 1999 15:09:57 -0600
From:      Michael Maxwell <drwho@xnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Clinical Software

On Sun, Mar 07, 1999 at 01:55:54PM +0000, Jim wrote:
> Quick question, I work at a Nursing home and have been working with
> FreeBSD to replace out our NT servers. A thought entered my mind today,
> all the users ever use is Excel, Word, Powerpoint, web, e-mail and the
> clincal/financal package for nursing homes. We are looking to replace our
> current package now, and I was wondering if there is any that will work on
> Unix.
>
> If we were able to find one, it would not be too hard of a step to move
> off of Windows alltoghter. The clincal software is all thats really
> holding us back.

What exactly does this software do?  In most cases, with something like
this, you'd have to hire programmers to write the software for you as a
custom package or do it yourself.

I work for a mostly AS/400-based doctor's billing service, and we have a
team of in-house programmers who handle most application development.  For
smaller operations, in-house programmers are not needed, but a consultant
would be of help.

--
    Michael Maxwell <drwho @ xnet.com>  |  http://www.xnet.com/~drwho/
       "American Justice: oxymoron.  William J. Clinton: moron."