Date:      Sat, 29 Jan 2000 21:58:50 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
Cc:        John Purser <johnmpurser@home.com>, "'freebsd-chat'" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: costs for solaris vs windows

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Will Andrews wrote:

>I don't care about comparisons between Windows something and some
>commercial Unix. I would only care if they were making valid comparisons
>between SomeOS and FreeBSD. And if they actually published details.

Well, i just think most people won't be that discerning when they read
reports that Windows is cheaper to run than Unix.  To most people,
Unix is  Unix.  It is tough enough explaining that Linux is not Unix,
let alone FreeBSD.  Of course, we really *are* unix.  ;-)

"Do not taunt the Happy Fun Ball."