Date:      Tue, 06 May 2008 18:43:07 +0300
From:      Oleksandr Samoylyk <oleksandr@samoylyk.sumy.ua>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with netgraph

Dear developers,

Please read this thread:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2008-May/017891.html

I'm using no encryption and no compression in mpd, so netgraph should fly.
It seems to get bad after 500 sessions...

In FreeBSD 6 - it's swi1: net - 100% CPU
In FreeBSD 7 - it's em0 taskq - 100% CPU

After playing with it I can make guess that's a netgraph problem.

Maybe it's a poor design in netgraph the way it handle its tables and
it's is probably not designed to add so many interfaces.

Might be there something in the source code I can edit to improve the
table lookups or hash table or whatever netgraph use to store and
process the node information and do the ppp/gre work.

--
  Oleksandr Samoylyk
  OVS-RIPE