Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 1995 16:50:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   COMCONSOLE no login

I compiled a kernel with COMCONSOLE, set a modem into BLIND ANSWER mode,
and rebooted the system. Another system was connected to the MODEM.

I got all the console messages via the modem, but no login.

I tried enabling a getty on /dev/cuaa0 but got the error message:

Sep 19 16:38:11 easysc getty: /dev/cuaa0: Device busy

I'm using a standard 16550A serial port on COM1.

The modem is in dumb mode, with all the control signals locked on.

What have I done wrong/What do I need to do to get a login on the
serial console?

Thanks,

Brian Litzinger
brian@mediacity.com