Date:      Sat, 09 Jan 2010 22:47:45 -0500
From:      Michael Powell <nightrecon@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        php-general@lists.php.net
Subject:   RE: Clean PHP 5.2.12 Build Core Dumping

Don O'Neil wrote:

> Ok... well, your idea is a good one, but it seems that the port is broken.
>
> I did a port update, which brought in the latest php build info from
> December, but when I run 'make' (without even editing the Makefile to add
> my own other modules I need) I get this:

If installing with the ports system you shouldn't need to be editing any
Makefiles. make config will give you list of options you may select from.
Note there is an initial build/install of PHP itself and a second port
called php5-extensions which you then install for all the modules. Again, a
make config will list all options. No need to mess with Makefiles.

> X11BASE is now deprecated.  Unset X11BASE in make.conf and try again.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Not even sure where it's getting that error message from, since I can't
> find any reference to X11BASE in any of the files in the package, or in my
> env.
>
> Any ideas?

Try putting WITHOUT_X11=yes into /etc/make.conf. Some PHP modules such as GD
try and pull in X dependencies; this will short circuit that.

[snip]

-Mike