Date:      21 May 2002 14:26:57 +0200
From:      "Georg-W. Koltermann" <Georg.Koltermann@mscsoftware.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   cannot link C++ apps any more (GCC 3.1)

Hi,

I am unable to link C++ apps with a recent -current. It seems I would
need a new libstdc++ which was not included. My libstdc++.so is a
leftover from the previous cvsup.

    hunter[205]$ cat gwk.cc
    #include <iostream>

    int
    main(int argc, const char *argv[]) {
      cout << "Hello, world!\n";

      return 0;
    }
    hunter[206]$ c++ gwk.cc
    /var/tmp//ccThjZcK.o: In function `main':
    /var/tmp//ccThjZcK.o(.text+0x1e): undefined reference to
    `ostream::operator<<(char const*)'
    /var/tmp//ccThjZcK.o(.eh_frame+0x11): undefined reference to
    `__gxx_personality_v0'
    hunter[207]$

Is there any estimate to when the new libstdc++ will be in -current?  Is
there a port (lang/gcc31 ?) that I should use in the meantime?

--
Regards,
Georg.