Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 1996 13:53:38 GMT
From:      fdocs@jraynard.demon.co.uk (James Raynard)
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New section: development

In message <199608150817.BAA17803@silvia.HIP.Berkeley.EDU> asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami) writes:

> Please find enclosed a new section explaining the FreeBSD development
> model.  There is a set of patches followed by a new file
> (development.sgml).  I stuck it after the "goals" section.  Of course
> you can move it if you think there is a better place, but I would very
> much like to keep it in the first chapter, because this is one of the
> very controversial topic (especially when Lunix users are around).

On the subject of controversial topics, I've written a number of
answers to FAQs such as "why don't you use the GPL", "why do
FreeBSD people hate Linux", "which is better, FreeBSD and XYZ" and
"why are the FreeBSD developers so closed and elitist" which I've
been meaning to submit for discussion.

Unfortunately it's not very convenient for me to post them at the moment
(I'm just about to move to a new job) but I'll try and dig them out.

Perhaps we should have a separate section for this kind of thing - how
about "Religion and Politics" (the first piece of advice in every
ettiquette book used to be "never discuss religion or politics at
dinner")?

--
James Raynard