Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2013 14:26:33 +0100
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        bf1783@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ocaml ports needs love

--wjoFZxbW4tu+iR6v

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 01:09:34PM +0000, b.f. wrote:
> >I received a lot of complaint about ocaml being in a bad shape: lang/oca=
ml being
> >outdated, lots of ocaml ports not being carefully maintained and updated.
> >
> >I personnally know nothing about ocaml so I'm not able to actually be he=
lpful to
> >improve the situation, I would love to see people taking the task of cle=
aning up
> >the situation, bringing up ocaml ports to newer version.
> >
> >Probably creating a ocaml@ team would be a good idea?
>=20
> Have these people been talking to the maintainers, or those
> responsible for outstanding PRs?=20

I relayed the information in general to ports@ because ocaml-*
concerns a lot of maintainer to contact individually, but I supposed most o=
f the
people sending mail to me about that haven't contacted the maintainers
neither report any PR, but can't speak for all of them.

> in the past several months.  There were a few delays as maintainership
> passed from stas to new volunteers, the pre-release freeze was
> drawn-out, some upstream bugs were fixed, and while other changes
> (like tcl/tk) were made. But I expect that the new ocaml will be done
> soon (right after an update of lablgtk2) , and Michael Grunewald has
> been active. An ocaml alias and mailing list might help at least for
> the unmaintained ports, and as a place for discussions.

That is nice to hear, thanks for your work and sorry for noise.o

regards,
Bapt

--wjoFZxbW4tu+iR6v

--wjoFZxbW4tu+iR6v--