Date:      Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:44:09 +0100
From:      Roland Hammerle <freebsd@hammerle.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Slow bootstrapping

Hello,

I recently installed FreeBSD 5.2 on the first primary partition of my second
hard drive. The other partitions a few logical partitions containing Linux
and a fat primary partition.

After installation everything went fine. Booting was fast as usual.

Then I changed the layout of the disk. I deleted one logical partition and
made a primary partition out of it (using Linux's cfdisk). After doing that
the boostrapping into FreeBSD seems awfully slow. It takes a minute to get to
the beastie prompt. Once the highlighted kernel messages appear booting is
fast as always.

Can someone explain what's going on and how I could fix it?

Thanks,

Roland