Date:      Wed, 5 Nov 1997 13:52:04 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        "Bill O'Hanlon" <wmo@hq.pro-ns.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some APM stuff

> First of all, here's the output from apm.  Is that APM version
> possible?? Maybe I'm too far back on this old machine to be able
> to get this stuff working.
>
> APM version: 0.27

This is 'interesting', to say the least.  Otherwise it appears to be
working right, but that might be due to the flags that are on by
default.  Poul can comment on that.

> Next, here's the boot output from a kernel with APM_DEBUG defined.
> The thing that I think might be useful for people working on the
> APM stuff is the part where "Add hook" is called for BOTH Cirrus Logic
> and Intel PCIC hardware.  Is this right?  It doesn't look right.
> Plus, both are in there multiple times.

I don't have time to look at it right now, maybe someone else can
(Mike?)

> Oh, I suppose I should mention what doesn't work: if I do a
> "zzz", I get a panic.  The stack trace from DDB has a zillion
> calls to "apm_processevent" and "apm_suspend" -- as if they're
> calling each other in an infinite loop.

Until recently we didn't deal with things correctly with regards to
error handling by the BIOS.  I fixed it Tuesday, and your code might not
have the change in it.

revision 1.63
date: 1997/11/04 17:37:52;  author: nate;  state: Exp;  lines: +6 -3
- If the APM BIOS fails to suspend the system after running the
  suspend hooks, run the resume hooks to re-configure the system back
  to where it was.

Can you update apm.c to make sure it's version 1.63, to make sure that
fix doesn't make things work.

Nate