Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:04:00 +0100
From:      Eric Masson <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>
To:        Ari Suutari <ari.suutari@syncrontech.com>
Cc:        greg.panula@dolaninformation.com, David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>, FreeBSD-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPsec/gif VPN tunnel packets on wrong NIC in ipfw?

 Ari> My problem with the previous solution was that I wasn't able to
 Ari> completely filter traffic flowing from ipsec tunnel because
 Ari> detunneled packets arriving to local node were never passed to
 Ari> ipfw.

Ok, this is a real flaw, but I was living with it :)

 Ari> 	Maybe the solution would be to start using gif devides and ipsec
 Ari> transport mode, which would make it possible to filter encrypted
 Ari> and unencrypted packets separately.

Yes, gifs + ipsec transport would be one solution (with the side effect
of explicit routing tables), but what about an esp interface (or
whatever name) on which detunneled packets would pass.

Eric Masson

--
 Etant nouveau, certains termes m'échappent encore. Mail Bombing !
 Kesako ? Comment on pose la bombe ? et comment on règle le minuteur ?