Date:      Mon, 04 Dec 1995 14:32:44 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   Re: A German version of Walnut Creek's FreeBSD 2.1 CD

> Well, I may be in a minority, but I don't think that the WWW servers
> are very useful.  Here in Germany, certainly, the time it takes to
> read the handbook from the web makes it completely impractical (yes, I

You need to think ahead.  It sucks now, but I have some small faith
that it won't suck forever.  We have to put our efforts into project
that will "amortise" well over the next 3-5 years, and I think that
this is such a project.

Still, I'm certainly not above reorganizing the subject material to
be easier to grasp, and I don't see how the two goals are mutually
exclusive either.

I'm only after the translation of the installation guides and other
docs in sysinstall (or whatever we come up with to replace the docs in
sysinstall/help), the cover and insert materials in the CD are being
translated by WC's translation staff.

						Jordan