Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 2000 00:43:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Philip M. Gollucci" <gollucci@wam.umd.edu>
To:        John Saylor <jsaylor@mediaone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: win2k [yeech] and FBSD 4

I run somewhat similiar setup on my personal computer.

I have a 6GB hd with Windows2k and FreeBSD4.0-RELEASE

Always install the MS operating system first as it will overite your MBR
without asking.

Additionally, whatever OS you install first should be the first partition
on your hd

I use the default freebsd boot manager.  If I select the dos option
windows2k boot manager then starts and I can use it.

I haven't had any problems with this setup yet

If I can be of more help email me

partition 1 MBR		???
partition 2 Windows2k 	2.9 GB
partition 3 FreeBSD4.0  3.1 GB