Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 09:42:47 +0300
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
Cc:        Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>, FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>, jmz@FreeBSD.ORG, sf@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 4.1.0 and include/GL/glu.h

Alexander Langer wrote:

> Thus spake Maxim Sobolev (sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG):
>

>>>Comments?  I think I'm going to stuff this into updating
>>>x11/XFree86-4-* along with turning x11/XFree86-4 into a metaport.
>>>
>>Several days ago I've sent a patch that fixes that problem to portmgr@
>>consideration. Check your archives for details
>>

> Though Maxim already fixed that special case (commit it, please!),
> I like your idea, Will.
> Sounds like a step in the correct direction.  Please just make sure
> that DRI + hardware accel. is still possible.

Yeah, I think I'll split Mesa3 into MegaGL, MesaGLU and Mesaglut ports.
Just ENOTIME yet... :((

> It might even fix all these pthread crap errors /%/()§$(/%"§ I get
> almost everytime I try to link something with lib*GL*, which are
> probably also a result of the fork. GRRRR!

No, it is tolally unrelated problem. This is due to the fact that the
newest Mesa versions are built with pthreads by default, so due to
FreeBSD stupidity in this area you have to link all ports that use Mesa3
with -pthreads. This problem could be solved on 5-CURRENT by linking
Mesa explicitly with -lc_r, but not on 4-STABLE.

-Maxim