Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 16:49:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG (Bill Paul)
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        mikel@ocsinternet.com, bright@wintelcom.net, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, n_hibma@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: no more broken dongles. :)

> In message <3A3A5A73.B430AC75@ocsinternet.com> mikel writes:
> : Just curious but what thruput are you getting with it?
>
> I get about 300kB/s with mine.  That's with either 10Mbps or 100Mbps.
>
> Warner

The fastest speed I ever get with a machine that has a UHCI controller
(like my laptop) is about 500KB/sec. (That's kilobytes per second.)
With an OHCI controller, I was once able to get about 700KB/sec.
It's not full ethernet speed, however this pretty much the same
performance you get with Lose98/2K using the same hardware.

-Bill