Date:      Sun, 4 Jun 2000 16:12:31 +0100
From:      Jason Williams <jason@compsoc.man.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ext2fs

On Sun, Jun 04, 2000 at 08:02:07AM -0400, Otter wrote:
> > I'm looking to replace the linux server with FreeBSD... will I run into
> > any problems with ext2fs? Would it be better to transfer all the data
> > to a ufs filesystem?
>
> Considering, that ufs is native to FreeBSD and ext2fs is only
> "compatible", I'd say pack your bags. It's time to move.
> -Otter

Okay, sounds like good advice :-)  Ideally though, I'd like to stick with
ext2fs at least for a week or two in case something goes wrong and we have
to switch back to the linux box. Will it work reliably and safely for that
purpose?

--
  jason@compsoc.man.ac.uk   secretary@compsoc.man.ac.uk  admin@compsoc.org.uk