Date:      Sun, 6 Jan 2002 08:21:41 +0100
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
To:        "Doug Reynolds" <mav@wastegate.net>, "Philip Hallstrom" <philip@adhesivemedia.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Putting a USB Compact Flash reader on a FreeBSD system

I got it working okay, although I've noticed another anomaly:  When I
transfer large amounts of data from the CF card, I get messages that look
approximately like this:

umass0: BBB reset failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, TIMEOUT

Once they start appearing, there is no way to stop them, and the CF drive
becomes inaccessible.  The rest of the system continues to run, but I
generally have to boot just to stop the messages.  When I boot, the system
hangs after printing the uptime, and I have to reset the hardware.

As usual, I found lots of questions like mine when searching in archives and
on the Web ... but no answers.  Any ideas?