Date:      Sun, 6 Nov 2011 12:10:53 -0600
From:      user 5813 <user5813@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Wicd

Has anyone heard of someone attempting to port Wicd to FreeBSD? I have
googled this over and over and found nothing. If not, how would I begin to
learn about porting it? I know it is in python and would probably only
require some tweaking to include ifconfig instead of iwconfig. I am very
new to BSD and programming and need to know where to start. I have read the
handbook on porting but there are still some pieces missing for me. I think
where I am stuck at is the actual tweaking of the program to make it run
under BSD. Should I just make a Makefile and see if it builds before
anything else?