Date:      Mon, 7 Feb 2000 18:57:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache/php/openlink

Hello,

Anyone here have success with this combo?

apache 1.3.9
php 3.0.14
Openlink Software ODBC drivers from their public d/l site

I'm trying to connect to an MS-SQL db server, and each time I make a
successful connect with "odbc_connect" in my php script, I get a "document
contained no data" error in the browser and the following in the apache
error logs:

[Mon Feb  7 15:05:20 2000] [notice] Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) PHP/3.0.14
configured -- resuming normal operations
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/openlink/lib/oplodbc.so.1.0:
Undefined symbol "pthread_mutex_lock"

I'm asking here as this looks to be somewhat platform-specific.  I'm also
working with openlink on this, but no go so far with their support.

Can someone possibly explain just what this error message is saying?  This
is a 3.4-R box, and other threaded apps that seem to use this function
(MySQL) are not having problems.  All OpenLink libs are pre-compiled...

Thanks,

Charles

---
Charles Sprickman
spork@super-g.com
---
                     "...there's no idea that's so good you can't
                      ruin it with a few well-placed idiots."