Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 1997 16:32:42 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        softweyr@xmission.com, hoek@hwcn.org, tlambert@primenet.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Memory leak in getservbyXXX?

> Now you have us humans, populating the earth in ever increasing
> numbers and let's face it: even though few are willing to say it in so
> many words just yet, unless our population growth declines extremely
> rapidly and RSN, a heck of a lot of somebodies are going to have to go
> at some point!

Why Thomas Malthus, as you don't live or breathe!

> discipline.  Instead of working so damn hard to dumb-down each and
> every single product, legislating heavily against any form of activity
> which might be even remotely dangerous and nurturing a complex system
> of liability laws which allow the stupid to collect rich rewards on
> their unique ability to injure themselves, screw it, I say we throw
> that whole approach out.  We give up this silly crusade to file the
> sharp edges off of everything in life and, instead, we leave the edges
> alone

Yeah... and we can call these products "Windows"...

> and enhance our educational system with more "how to avoid
> getting cut on the sharp edges of life" classes.  Those students who
> pay attention to the lessons and retain this knowledge survive and
> those who hide in the boy's room smoking cigarettes and lack any
> natural cunning in recompense, don't.  No big loss at all.

We can call the people who pass these classes "Microsoft Certified
Engineers".  8-) 8-).

> I figure this would replace the lions and tigers and other useful
> natural hazards which we used to have but have long since eradicated.

Hey, what biodiversity advocate could argue with that?  8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.