Date:      Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:29:47 +0300
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: www/mozilla and negotiateauth

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 23:41:17 -0600 Jeremy Messenger wrote:

> I know nothing about negotiateauth extension stuff,

It is an implementation of GSSAPI/SPNEGO protocol at client side. At
server side one can use mod_auth_kerb module with apache. Then you get
Single-Sign-On web services. I.e. if you have a kerberos ticket
(registered on KDC) you may get automagically access to webservices
without typing name/password.

> so if I don't hear
> or  see from one of my team then I shall commit with bump by remove
> that  files/patch-extensions_negotiateauth_Makefile.in. I will giving
> it two  days before I start to poke it.

Great, thanks.

BTW www/mozilla-devel works out of the box. And I'm still trying to
force firefox/thunderbird to use automagical GSSAPI
authentication. According to release notes they should but I didn't
succeed at the case.

WBR
--
Boris B. Samorodov, Research Engineer