Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:17:15 +0000
From:      falbu@amnesty.org
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-config@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Still having problems (was: 'system' function in install.cfg )

Hello,
It is working now.
The install.cfg contains the lines:

command=/dist/script_a
system

However, I was wondering if there are any restrictions in terms of what
can be launched.

From the script that is launched by the `system` command  (script_a) I am
generating a second script (/tmp/script_b) and try to execute it (/bin/sh
/tmp/script_b)

The generation and execution of script B is done within an "until" cycle
and requires
input from the user.

Although the whole stuff (script A which generates and runs script B) runs
OK in
normal circumstances, when it is launched by the `system` command it seems
that
it enters an infinite cycle generating and executing script B.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Florentin Albu

Client-Server Systems Manager
falbu@amnesty.org
         Amnesty International, International Secretariat
                     visit us at   http://www.amnesty.org

Be Realistic! Plan for a Miracle!

ONE click to stamp out torture.
                                   http://www.stoptorture.org