Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 1998 12:38:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        pstewart <pstewart@oncomdis.on.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems installing onto scsi drive

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, pstewart wrote:

> With or without the extra RAM the install menu does finally show up,
> however when I select "quick install" or whatever it gives me an error
> almost immediately that there is no hard drive to install to.  It still
> isn't finding the drive even though it identifies it when first starting
> up and during the bootdsk load.
>
> More ideas? :)

Honestly I've never used the quick (Novice) install.  I usually use the
Custom (#7 on -current), and proceed from there.  Make sure however, that
your disk partitions (#2) and slices (#3) are setup, and that it
eventually formats the slices.

El hombre mas brillante dijo una vez "Cuidado hay NT". (it's a nerd thing)

- alex