Date:      Thu, 23 May 2013 10:39:02 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   update of port net-im/skype to Skype for Linux v4.2

Hallo,

I have certain problems while calling with our Skype in net-im/skype
(which is version 2.1.0.81 for Linux) to other Skype users on Windows:
the call gets established but video in the call is droped without any
notice or reason; it works with video for other users; as always, the
messages in Don Google in the forums (...) always say: update to the
latest version and it should work;

I know that we (FreeBSD) can't do nearly nothing to nail down the
problem or debug it; but I wanted to ask if there are plans to update to
the latest official version of Skype for Linux which seems to be 4.2?

Or is there anything which prevents this in our linuxulator in general?
Is someone working on an update?

Thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211