Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:00:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CDROM boot time fsck

Hello -

I happened to reboot my server last night without a disk in one of the
cdrom drives.  It caused the startup process to halt, dropping me to a
shell prompt as it tried to fsck the volume.  Wasn't happy proceeding
until I fed the drive a disk.  In my environment this is A Bad Thing;
there may be a disk in there or not, I need the freaking server to come up
and start running regardless.

I checked my fstab, and the cdroms are listed thusly:

/dev/acd0c              /cdrom          cd9660  ro,auto         0       0
/dev/acd1c              /cdrom1         cd9660  ro,auto         0       0

Looking at the man page, the last column indicates the fsck type, and 0 is
supposed to mean that the device doesn't need to be checked during
startup.  Am I doing something wrong, or is something broken?
4.6.2-STABLE, BTW.

KeS