Date:      Sat, 11 Jan 1997 23:37:35 -0500
From:      Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: realaudio player

Archie Cobbs wrote:

> I downloaded the realaudio player and can play welcome.ra, but
> when launched from netscape, it starts downloading but then
> fails with the error "cannot open audio device" ...
>
> Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Sure does. I have the same results here, but not with all sites.
Sometimes
it works. I notice it *always* plays the commercial on the online radio
feeds,
but fails on the music 8-) .

There is also a message saying to check the error number (I believe it's
50)
at the realaudio site, but I haven't done this yet.

-Jim Durham