Date:      Tue, 28 Apr 1998 22:21:24 +0900
From:      Ignaz KOHLBECKER <ignaz@fujita3.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Subject:   pccardc

> Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 1998 07:36:04 -0600
> From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>

> > >From this mailing list, I learned that 2.2.5 recognizes my PC-card
> > even without PAO.
>
> Did you compile a custom kernel with PCCARD support?  If not, it
> certainly won't recognize your cards.  Also, the PCCARD support in 2.2.6
> is better yet (more drivers, more robust, etc..), so I recommend
> upgrading to it.  However, it also requires building a custom kernel,
> but a sample config file is given in 2.2.6.

Ok. I installed 2.2.6-RELEASE and built a custom kernel with a modified
PCCARD kernel configuration file. During reboot, I get
> pccardc: /dev/card0: Device not configured

What does this mean?
Was the kernel not customized correctly, or is this due to the /etc/*
files that are used at boot time?
Where exactly do I have to make changes?

Is there a man page for pccardc? Can't find it.

Is there an explanation of the syntax of kernel configuration files?
/sys/i386/conf/LINT explains the semantics maybe for somebody who knows
it anyway, but I can't find explanations on how to read/edit some of the
longer entries.

Thanks for any help or pointers.

Ignaz