Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 19:44:36 -0400
From:      Simon1 <simon1@simon1.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ABIT KX7-333R

As a follow up to my initial post:

A brand new board, with new memory, and a new processor failed to fix the
problem. This newest board comes from a different supplier & etc & etc. I'm
currently installing Win2k on the system to see if it has the same problems.

I'm still seeing that the cards are not working properly, I haven't tried
the RAID yet on the new board. Setting the speed down to 10Mb seems to
greatly help the Intel card out (as in, it actually works). But, any faster
than that... I went ahead and made two new cables, it'll light up the link
at 100Mbit, but transfers on this card max out at 100k/sec down, and more
like 1 or 2 k/sec upload.

The only difference I can see between this board and the past ones that
have worked flawlessly is the VIA KT333 chipset. Does FreeBSD have any
known problems with this chipset?