Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 2002 13:27:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Shawn Lussier <project10@omega.focalnetworks.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem installing a new HD/mobo

Hello list members,

I am in the process of installing an additional motherboard and cpu in one
of my machines. In the process, the IDE channel of one of the drives was
changed. Upon rebooting, the drives failed to mount -- of course, fstab
points to the incorrect path for the device. I have tried changing it to
the proper device, however there are no device links for it in /dev -- I
cannot sh MAKEDEV from the system (once it has rebooted by me manually
specifying the root device) as the drive is mounted read-only. Can anyone
suggest a method whereby I can MAKEDEV the proper links or any other
course of action? Thank you, very much appreciated.

(Please cc me on any reply, I am not subscribed to the list from this
address. Thanks)

-Shawn