Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2003 21:26:03 -0400
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Dead Line <dead_line@hotmail.com>
Subject:   Re: GForce4 Supported?

Dead Line wrote:
[ ... ]
>   Iam On FreeBSD 4.3-Release Fresh installation,
>   I have Nivada, GForce 4 (Second generation)
>   is 4.3 support this? as i see No, can someone advise me what i
>   should do?

You should upgrade to FreeBSD 4.7p10 or 4.8, since FreeBSD 4.3 has known
security problems.  You could try compiling a recent Xfree86 yourself
and it would work with your card, but it's almost certainly faster and
easier for you to simply upgrade the whole system at once.

-Chuck

PS: 4.3 came out almost exactly two years ago...