Date:      Tue, 02 Oct 2001 04:41:42 -0400
From:      Peter Constantinidis <peter-c@home.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   usb0/1: Host Controller Halted Errors

My motherboard is a Abit KA7-100 using a Via KX133 chipset  (686A).
I have cvsuped to the latest 4.4 stable as of this writing October 2nd.
Dmesg says it uses UHCI. I have 2 USB controllers on the mb, each with 2
ports.

On a bootup the system seems to be fine (though this problem occured once
during a new install).. but when I start a make install clean of some big
program in the middle of the compiling I'll start getting error messages
saying stuff like "USB1: Host Controller Halted", over and over and over,
from the Kernel.

The only USB devices I have hooked up to the system is a Handspring Visor
USB cradle, and a webcam, neither of which are working during the =
compile.

What causes this frustruating occurence?

Thanks,
Peter.